Tuesday, January 24, 2012

IUD Update

It's been about two months since I've had the IUD in and I wanted to post an update on my status:

(1) Acne:  The acne situation got pretty bad so I went to a dermatologist.  I was prescribed two things:  minocycline (an oral antibiotic) and adapalene (a topical cream).  My face has really cleared up.  I went to the dermatologist for a follow up visit about two weeks ago and he was pleased with the progress.  I'm supposed to stay on the oral antibiotic for two more months.  I have redness/small bumps on my chin and forehead now but nothing like the massive zits that were there before the dermatologist visit.

(2) Cramps:  I had zero cramps with the first period but have not had my second period yet.

(3) Bleeding:  The bleeding with the first period was pretty heavy, much heavier than on the pill. Nothing you couldn't deal with if you're just a regulary office worker, though.

(4) Other side effects: Generally feel better than when on the pill.  I really do love the absence of hormones.  I can't really pinpoint it, but I feel better.  I hope that these symptoms improve over time and my hormones regulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment